Thursday, September 08, 2011

Leo's final predictions

After looking thoroughly at each time through the over-under predictions, here's what I think will be the final standings this year:



NFC




1. Packers 12-4


2. Eagles 11-5


3. Saints 11-5


4. Cardinals 8-8


5. Falcons 10-6


6. Cowboys 10-6





AFC



1. Pats 13-3


2. Chargers 11-5


3. Ravens 11-5


4. Texans 10-6


5. Jets 11-5


6. Steelers 9-7 (tiebreaker over Chiefs)


CONFERNCE: Packers over Eagles

Patriots over Jets

SB: Packers over Patriots

Yeah, I hate it too. But by saying this, it probably won't happen.

Just for fun: the last 10 Super Bowls have featured 10 different NFC teams (Packers, Saints, Cardinals, Giants, Bears, Seahawks, Eagles, Panthers, Bucs, Rams). That is ridiculous parity. (if you take it back another 7 years or so, 13 out of 16 NFC teams have made it in a span of about 17 years). The AFC, however, has been dominated by the Pats, Steelers, and Colts.

I think there is a slight change this year. The Packers, Eagles, and Saints are my favorites and in most experts' top four. One of them is probably going to make it. Even though repeats are tough, I think the Packers can buck this trend. They made it last year with a lot of young guys and missing people, and they have most of them back.

The AFC is in a period of transition. It looks like the Colts will suffer, and there are some young teams but I'm not sure if they're ready. I like the Pats, who were better than anyone expected last year and have added people. I think the Steelers have a down year, just because of injuries. This leaves the main threats to the Pats as the Jets and Ravens. Even though the Jets beat the Pats last year in the playoffs, and the Ravens did the year before, I don't know if I can trust them in another battles with the Pats. Flacco and Sanchez have made strides, but can they get there this year? I don't love their receivers, even though they have great D and running games. I'll go with Brady on experience.

(Note: I just realized the Pats haven't won a single playoff game since they lost that chance at perfection Super Bowl. Ummm... yeah... I think I'll still take them.)

No comments: