Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Leo's over unders reveal

Now that the season is over, I can see how well I did in my picks. Last year, I went 18-14. The year before I went 20-12. This year... uh, I don't feel great....

ARIZONA - 7 wins - OVER - CORRECT

Just barely got it. They quietly put together a mediocre year, much without Kolb.

ATLANTA - 10 wins - PUSH - CORRECT

Ten seemed just about right and it was.

BALTIMORE - 10.5 wins - OVER - CORRECT

I thought they'd win the division and they did. But what's with those weird losses?

BUFFALO - 5.5 wins - UNDER - WRONG

Aww so close. Congrats, you guys went from begin really awful to semi-awful with good fantasy numbers. Wooo fucking hoo.

CAROLINA - 4.5 wins - UNDER - WRONG

Like everyone else, I didn't think Cam was ready... and was wrong.

CINNCINATTI - 5.5 wins - UNDER - WRONG

Oh sure, finally put together a good season with a rookie QB and a new offense. Unbelievable.

CHICAGO - 8 wins - UNDER - WRONG

They hit 8 exact and would've had more if Cutler didn't get hurt.

CLEVELAND - 7 wins - OVER - WRONG

We all got on the wrong Ohio bandwagon. This team sucks.

DALLAS - 9 wins - OVER - WRONG

I'm happy with being wrong here. Their pain makes mine less palapable.

DENVER - 6 wins - UNDER - WRONG

Someday, I'm going to be a crazy old man wandering the streets, shaking my fist and yelling to no one in particular, "TEBOW! TEBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!"

DETROIT - 8 wins - UNDER - WRONG

Seemed too trendy for me, but they were indeed good. I'm happy for them. They rebuilt well.

GREEN BAY - 11.5 wins - OVER - CORRECT

Did anyone even lose money on this one?

HOUSTON - 9 wins - OVER - CORRECT
They're finally making some progress. If Schaub hadn't gotten hurt they could've done more, too.

INDIANAPOLIS - 9.5 wins - UNDER - CORRECT

I was already leaning towards it before the Manning news was official. Easiest grab for anyone.

JACKSONVILLE - 6.5 wins - UNDER - CORRECT

They couldn't have made this low enough after Garrard was cut, but they didn't.

KANSAS CITY - 7.5 wins - OVER - WRONG

Gah! So close! There's a fix here. Or Tyler Palko.

MIAMI - 7.5 wins - UNDER - CORRECT

I thought Miami's late season surge had cost me this one, but it turns out they were still under. Who the hell thought they were a .500 team before the season? Through the first 6 weeks it looked like they might not win once.

MINNESOTA - 7 wins - UNDER - CORRECT

I did not like seeing McNabb go out like that. But I wasn't suprised.

NEW ORLEANS - 10 wins - OVER - CORRECT

They made it to 11 wins the year before with no running game, no D, and a tougher schedule.

NEW ENGLAND - 11.5 wins - OVER - CORRECT

At least for the regular season, they always take care of things.

NY GIANTS - 9 wins - UNDER - WRONG

Goddammit. I was ready to say yes and then backed off. They really shouldn't be here, but they are.

NY JETS - 10 wins - OVER - WRONG

Aaaaaaaaaaaand everyone is off the Rex bandwagon. And the Sanchize, if they were ever on it.

OAKLAND - 6.5 wins - UNDER - WRONG

They're not terrible, and should have won the division.

PHILADELPHIA - 10.5 wins - OVER - WRONG

Should I repost my intricate theory to how they would easily win 11 games, or should I do something that won't make me murder my neighbor with a pickaxe? Let's just say I bought the hype and bought it hard.... though, I will still contend, they are the best team in the division.

PITTSBURGH - 10.5 wins - UNDER - WRONG

They had a weird year: avoided the post Super Bowl hangover they had before, did mostly everything right, but still couldn't get the division and are kinda shaky at times. I have no idea where they'll be this month.

SAN DIEGO - 10 wins - OVER - WRONG

.... why aren't you firing Norv now? WHY? WHY? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

SAN FRANCISCO - 7.5 wins - UNDER - WRONG

They teased everyone for so long, so naturally the year we stop picking them is the year they finally break out. Dicks.

SEATTLE - 6 wins - UNDER - WRONG

Like Arizona, they quietly went on a run to become not terrible. I don't know how Tavaris won 7 games but he did.

ST. LOUIS - 7.5 wins - UNDER - CORRECT

Here's a trendy up-and-comer that I did get right. I didn't think they were this bad, but I knew they needed more.

TAMPA BAY - 8 wins - PUSH - WRONG

Aww fuck. I should've trusted my instincts and just gone under. I knew they were not ready, although I never saw this.

TENNESSEE - 6.5 wins - UNDER - WRONG

I can't believe they almost made the playoffs, but I guess having a real QB, even if he is 50 years old, means something. And Chris Johnson kinda sucked. Weird.

WASHINGTON - 6 wins - UNDER - CORRECT

Not even Shanahan can save this crappy franchise. If only they could play the Giants nine times, they'd be ok.
------------
So, adding that up, that comes to.... 13 out of 32. JESUS I NEED TO RETIRE. NOW. FUCK. NExt year, fuckers.

No comments: