Monday, December 29, 2014

Over unders: How I did 2014

Today wraps up another regular season. Let' see how I did this year with the over-under predictions...



Arizona - 7.5 wins - UNDER - WRONG

I thought injuries and a tough division would kill them, but they held tough. Even with Palmer out. I'm impressed, Bruce Arians.

Atlanta - 8.5 wins - UNDER - CORRECT

And they almost won the division anyway.

Baltimore - 8.5 wins - OVER - CORRECT

I had them just over, and they did make it.

Buffalo - 6.5 wins - OVER - CORRECT

I was worried about this but they ended up easily surpassing it. They're good, they just need a QB.

Carolina - 8 wins - UNDER - CORRECT

They did fall apart like people thought, but they rebounded to win the division while still remaining under. Crazy.

Chicago - 8.5 wins - OVER - WRONG

I got suckered into the Bears like many did. Not even close.

Cincinnati - 9 wins - OVER - CORRECT

Not a huge margin, but they get in the playoffs again.

Cleveland - 6.5 wins - UNDER - WRONG

Moral victory for Cleveland!

Dallas - 7.5 wins - UNDER - WRONG

Welp. I thought the bad defense would only get worse.

Denver - 11.5 wins - OVER - CORRECT

[With a healthy Peyton, they should be at 12.] Yes.

Detroit - 8.5 wins - UNDER - WRONG

Why did everyone go for Chicago and not them? I guess we didn't see how good defense could be.

Green Bay - 10.5 wins - OVER - CORRECT

Yeah, you can't go with under 11 wins with a healthy Rodgers in his prime.

Houston - 7.5 wins - UNDER - WRONG

I thought QB play would kill them. Weak division and Watt going crazy kept them around.

Indianapolis - 9.5 wins - OVER - CORRECT

[Once again, the awful division is theirs with no question.] Yeah, pretty much.

Jacksonville - 5 wins - UNDER - CORRECT

They won't be as bad, but they don't have the skill people to get anywhere.

Kansas City - 8.5 wins - OVER - CORRECT

They just barely made it in a game where they didn't score one offensive touchdown.

Miami - 7.5 - OVER - CORRECT

[They should get to 8-8 again, maybe 9 if they get a line.] Seems like they'll be 8-8 forever.

Minnesota - 6 wins - UNDER - WRONG

They were not so bad, even without AP.

New England - 10.5 wins - OVER - CORRECT

[They're a lock for 11 or 12 until Brady dies.] Indeed.

New Orleans - 10.5 wins - OVER - WRONG

The biggest disappointment? Couldn't break even in terrible division.

NY Giants - 8 wins - OVER - WRONG

I'm always scared of them, but they really are bad now.

NY Jets - 7 wins - UNDER - CORRECT

I figured this might happen.

Oakland - 5 wins - UNDER - CORRECT

They didn't have anyone.

Philadelphia - 9 wins - UNDER - WRONG

They did better than I thought; it was just that Dallas was way better than anyone thought.

Pittsburgh - 8.5 wins - UNDER - WRONG

I'm out on my home state teams. They found some nice young guys on O.

San Diego Chargers - 8.5 wins - UNDER - WRONG

They were a popular dark horse, and I doubted them, but they still pulled the over.

San Francisco - 10.5 wins - UNDER - CORRECT

The injuries and suspensions were easy to see, but I didn't think they'd be this bad.

Seattle - 11 wins - OVER - CORRECT

[They'll be the top seed again most likely.] Yes.

St. Louis - 7.5 wins - UNDER - CORRECT

Even if Bradford was healthy that was a high mark.

Tampa Bay - 7 wins - OVER - WRONG

Whoops. Sorry Lovie. It's not you, there is nothing here.

Tennessee - 7 wins - UNDER - CORRECT

I still can't name five guys on this team.

Washington - 7.5 wins - UNDER - CORRECT

You never disappoint me, Danny Boy.



Final tally: 19 correct, 13 wrong.

Not bad. I got over the .500 mark again, but I just missed getting to 20.

Here's the breakdown of the past five years since I started keeping track of this:

2014: 19 right
2013: 14
2012: 14
2011: 13
2010: 18
2009: 20

So this was actually one of my best years. COMEBACK CITY!

No comments: